Call queueing allows calls to be placed on hold without handling the actual inquiries or transferring callers to the desired party. While in the call queue, the caller is played pre-recorded music or messages. Call queues are often used in call centers when there is not enough staff to handle a large number of calls.
The queue module in our system is very modular and multi-optional with a variety of features as queues are one the foundations of a call center system.
Here’s an example of creating a basic queue with a general explanation of the features:
1. Click the "Add" button on the Queues page (Queues > Add > New Queue), and fill in the fields accordingly:
2. Role of each tab:
- General - Here you can set and modify the properties of the queue such as Strategy (see explanation below), Abandoned Resume, Timeouts & Delays, and Auto Answer.
- Agents - Assign agents to the queue and set their options of joining the queue, such as Manual or Forced, by Tier and Join/Leave by Time Group.
- Exit Destinations - Configure the proximate routing of a call in the queue by status, by key, Agent Hangup, and the call's Default routing.
- Announcements - Choose the Announcements that will play for the caller at various stages of the queue process
- Stickiness - if you wish, a caller will “stick” to an agent that responded to him a previous time he was in the queue.
3. Types of Strategies in a queue:
- Ring All - Does what it says. Ring all agents in the queue at the same time until someone picks up.
- Longest Idle Agent - The agent who has gone the longest without speaking to a customer receives the call.
- Round Robin - Agents receive calls on a rotational basis where Call 1 goes to Agent A, Call 2 goes to Agent B, Call 3 Goes to Agent C.
- Top Down - Routes the call to the first available agent in the list and to the next one if the first is busy.
- Agent With Least Talk Time - Forwards the call to an agent with the least total talk time.
- Agent With Fewest Calls - Forwards the call to an agent who answered the least number of calls.
- Sequentially By Agent Order - Will ring in a sequence of even numbers to the position of agents in the list that are assigned to the queue.
- Sequentially By Next Agent Order - Will ring in a sequence of odd numbers to the position of agents in the list that are assigned to the queue.
- Random - Randomly choose an agent to distribute the call to.